Do you ever just KNOW you had something, but you have no clue where you put it?
I was that way last night, actually sort of still am...
You see I just KNOW I have 2 partial rolls, somewhere in that shop, of the plastic plumbers strapping. I figured since I mostly used the stuff for my dust collection ducting, it would be by my surplus dust collection pieces...
In the totes with the drywall stuff maybe?
Well long story short, I looked high and low and just couldn't locate the stuff... So I did what comes naturally...
I made a substitute.
In my digging I found a nice, big, heavy duty zip tie. It must have been from the compressor pallet or something because this sucker was huge. Probably 3/8" wide x 30" long...
So I roughly sized up the pieces I needed, some tin snip action here, a little drilling there, and loop it around the hose and screw through the sheetrock into the stud and we are golden!
The vertical only took 2 improvised clamps to secure it.
The very simple improvised clamps. I know this is not
the designed function of this zip tie, but it sure works well!
Going across the ceiling is more of the repurposed zip tie and screws!
I am not completely done with this yet, I still need to drop the shop light down so that the hose can run over it. Once that is done, I have 3 more clamps to fab up and install, and this project is DONE!
So far in use, I can say that the hose reel has functioned actually better than anticipated. It pays out hose smoothly, and easily, and with a tug past the catch, it retracts smoothly and predictably.
All pnuematic tools I own have been tested against this rig, even the Earthquake Impact, and everything works as expected.
On to the next item on the list!
Post a Comment